Monday 24 November 2008

CPD and IFL


CPD and the teaching reforms are still being talked about in many meetings and staff development sessions that I have attended. The issue no longer seems to be 'what qualifications do I need to teach my ' subject or 'how do I record my evidence' but now I seem to hearing 'Why are we doing this?


The Institute for Learning has produced several case studies, whats useful about these case studies is that you can start see different models of staff development emerging. Maybe you can use these as a guide to assess your own staff development programme.


The case studies outline if staff development is mandatory, how often it takes place and what the content is and how each learning provider encourages its staff to take part in staff development.


No comments: